I try to remove any unnecessary sugar from recipes and this Vanilla Spice Chia Pudding recipe is no different.
Using a green tipped banana and spices for a hint of sweetness, this is a simple 21-Day Sugar Detox treat that I don’t feel guilty about. Lets be honest, adding coconut sugar to it would be amazing (which you can do – no judgment) but when trying to keep the holiday pounds off it’s best to make those tiny sacrifices.
Incase you’re not familiar with Chia seeds, when hydrated they have a tapioca like consistency. However, unlike tapioca, have amazing health benefits. It’s said to keep a person hydrated, suppresses appetite and is a complete protein. All pluses in my non-existent book.
- 1 c coconut milk, full fat
- 1 c water
- ½ green-tipped banana
- ½ c chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- coconut sugar or maple syrup to taste (optional if not on a 21DSD)
- Blend coconut milk, water and banana until smooth
- In large glass bowl, coconut milk mixture with chia seeds, vanilla & ground spices, mix well.
- Place combined ingredients in the refrigerator for at least an hour to allow the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and double in size.
- EAT - yep it's that easy!
For more 21DSD recipes, visit my 21-Day Sugar Detox Recipes page.