There aren’t many things that cheer me up after a rough day more than a surprise. After another “one of those days” I came home to a batch of Sunbutter Cookies. Zoe, my 9yr old, used a recipe I was working on and, with her dads assistance, made her mama a little treat. BEST DAUGHTER EVER!!!
They whipped up a batch of Sunbutter cookies and fancied it up a bit by dipping them in chocolate. She decided to call them Sunnyday Sunbutter Cookies because of the huge smile it gave me.
- 12 oz. jar of sunflower seed butter, unsweetened (I use MaraNatha)
- 1 c. organic coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Dump ALL ingredients into a glass bowl
- Using an electric mixture (or by hand if you want a little arm workout) blend until smooth
- Place 1-2 tbsp balls onto the cookie sheet, leaving 1 inch of room in between each
- Gently press down on the cookie, flattening it just slightly
- Place into oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until brown