Let’s talk gluten-free muffins, more specifically 21DSD SPICE MUFFINS !
There’s nothing like a fresh spice muffin early in the morning…or for a snack…or with a bowl of soup. Ok, there’s nothing like a fresh muffin END OF STORY.
These gluten-free muffins are just sweet enough to take care of any sweet tooth cravings without being overpowering. PLUS, if you take a look at the ingredients you wont find any refined sugar, so they’re virtually guilt free.
I mentioned that these are 21DSD Spice Muffins too right? Not sure what 21DSD is? Visit my explanation HERE. 21DSD or 21 Day Sugar Detox is a great way to cut sugar cravings and help with belly bloat. I have done a 21DSD and even a shorter 7DSD to help get rid of my sweet tooth.
If you want something a little sweeter, add 1 additional teaspoon of vanilla and 1 Tbsp of raw honey or maple syrup and sprinkle the top with some sugar; so good!
For more 21DSD recipes, visit my 21-Day Sugar Detox Recipes page.
- 3 eggs + 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. + 1 tsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp each cinnamon, cloves & nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Grease 6 muffin tins.
- Whisk eggs and mix in melted coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla in large bowl
- In medium bowl, mix coconut flour and remaining ingredients
- Sift flour/spice mixture into egg mixture and stir until blended well
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 of the way
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins, especially the edges, become golden brown