Italian Keto Muffins have become a household staple; part of my weekly meal prep menu.
Only 1.8 net carbs per muffin and 11g fat, they make a delicious keto breakfast or pair well with a meal. Ok, so basically I’m saying you can eat them anytime.
I’ve been away for awhile; my main focus has been my family. Time is flying by and my daughter is growing up so fast. That said, I’m only posting recipes that are definite family favs that they feel are worth sharing.
Currently, we are eating a Ketogenic meal plan. Lower carbs and higher healthy fats seems to be serving my family well. Real Meal Plans is a great way to get yourself started if you’re unsure how to cook Ketogenic meals.
That said, Italian Keto Muffins are a great grab-n-go to add to your repertoire. Try baking up a Pepperoni Frittata, in a pan rather than cups, and pair with a muffin for a filling meal that will keep you satiated most of the day.
- 5 Large Eggs
- ⅓ c. Heavy Whipping Cream
- ⅔ Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 6 Tbsp. Butter - melted
- 1 c. Mozzarella - shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Grease 12 muffin tins
- Whisk eggs and heavy whipping cream, set aside
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, garlic salt and oregano
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring thoroughly to remove lumps
- Stir melted butter to the batter and set aside for 5 minutes, allowing coconut flour to absorb moisture
- Stir in cheese
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin
- Place on center rack in pre-heated oven and cook for 12-20 minutes or until golden brown