Over the weekend someone was telling me how much they missed teriyaki sauce. They choose not to purchase the store brand due to the cost and, quite often, unwanted extra ingredients; I totally get that.
I’m here to tell you (and them) that making your own gluten-free teriyaki sauce isn’t difficult at all. Using a few ingredients you probably already have, you can make a tasty marinade anytime.
This recipe is not only gluten-free, it’s also Paleo, which means this isn’t just Teriyaki Sauce it’s PALEAKI SAUCE!
- 1 c. coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 c. coconut aminos (or gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 c. water
- 3 Tbsp grated ginger
- 2 lbs steak (your choice of cut)
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together coconut sugar, coconut aminos, water and ginger
- Once thoroughly combined, turn heat off and allow marinade to cool (before putting on the meat)
- Marinade the steaks overnight or at least 12hrs.
- BBQ the steaks as usual
Due to the sugar content the steaks will burn IF left unattended for too long.