My daughter loves a long long soak in the tub at the end of the week. Of course, a relaxing soak must have battery operated candles and of course BATH BOMBS. She’s 11 going on 20, what can you do, what an be done?
Since I’m a bit frugal we decided it was time to start making our own homemade DIY BATH BOMBS with our own favorite scents.
I’m always reluctant to share oil mixtures because I feel scents are very personal experience. However, incase you don’t know where to start I definitely recommend a therapeutic grade oil, especially if kids are going to be enjoying them.
Our favorites are Lavender and Wild Orange + Peppermint. However, you can use whatever scent strikes your fancy. Be sure to share your favorite blend in the comments section.
- 1 c. baking soda
- ½ c. cornstarch
- ½ c. cream of tartar
- ½ c. epsom salt
- ½ c. fractioned coconut oil (grape seed and olive oil work too)
- 10-15 drops essential oil
- In a large glass bowl, combine all ingredients, mix well
- Firmly pack mixture into silicone molds
- Allow mixture to sit for 24 hours before removing
- Remove from molds and place i an air tight container or individually wrap in cellophane
- When ready to use, drop in a warm bath and enjoy a relaxing soak
Many specialty stores sell it, but know it as liquid coconut oil.