There are loads of donut recipes out there that will make the traditional, light & fluffy, fried rings of sugary goodness. This recipe is a very basic, quick-n-dirty, 21-Day Sugar Detox friendly and egg free kinda thing. The texture is a bit dense, but great for dunking in coffee.
If you want to add sweetness and aren’t doing a 21-Day Sugar Detox, dip the donuts in chocolate chips, drizzle it with chocolate or dunk and eat. Oh, swig the chocolate then bite the donut, kind of a chocolate shot with donut chaser…mmmmmm!
- 2 medium green-tipped bananas (approx. 2 cups pureed)
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- ½ c coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 c. Enjoy chocolate chips (optional)
- Unsweetened coconut (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and lightly grease donut pan or prep donut baking machine
- In a blender (or food processor) puree bananas until completely smooth
- Add cocoa powder, coconut milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon to banana puree and blend for 15 seconds
- In a medium size bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt with a fork until well incorporated
- Add puree to flour mixture and stir until all ingredients are combined
- Lastly, add melted coconut oil into batter and stir together
- Pour into donut moulds and bake for 15 minutes, use the toothpick method to make sure they're cooked all the way through and remove from oven
- While donuts are cooling, melt chocolate chips in a small glass bowl
- Dip tops of donuts into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper lined platter
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate hardens
For more 21DSD recipes, visit my 21-Day Sugar Detox Recipes page.