I’ve never been a breakfast eater, but I think that goes for most people. The last thing I want to do in the morning is wake up let alone prepare a meal. I usually gulp down a mug of Bullet Proof coffee and hope for the best.
On those mornings when I feel the need for something slightly more substantial I always go to my favorite – THE MUG CAKE!
Here we go…
- 1 egg
- ¼ c. coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (the real stuff)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Combine all ingredients and blend together until smooth (I like to use my Magic Bullet)
- Lightly oil a microwave safe mug
- Pour batter into oiled mug
- Microwave for 2 minutes
- Flip onto a plate and top with more syrup or anything else you're into
If you’re looking for more mug cakes, I have a few other favorites