|Ham & Sweet Potato Frittata and a glass of wine (wine optional)|
Slow Cooker Ham & Sweet Potato Frittata is by far one of my favorite quick fix meals on Sunday morning; let me explain why.
A few years ago there was no way you would EVER get me to eat eggs…unless they were in a cake.
After finding out I had Celiac I found my breakfast options were limited or at least that was what I thought. I was so use to eating bagels, cereal and muffins that I felt lost without my gluteny AM carb fix.
- 12 eggs
- 2 c. sweet potato, steamed and diced (or raw and shredded)
- 1 c. coconut milk, full fat (gives the frittata more of a custardy texture)
- ½ lb ham (or any meat)
- ½ c. red onion, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper (optional)
- In a large bowl (or blender) combine eggs, coconut milk, salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly
- Pour egg mixture into slow-cooker
- Spread ham, sweet potato and onion across the egg mixture
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 hours (for a quicker frittata remove coconut milk and cook on high for 1-1/2 hour)
- Go about your business and when you're ready come back and serve