Feeling limited I decided to start with an egg white omelet, loaded with veggies, cheese and the taste hidden with hot sauce. It quickly became my favorite meal. Over time I dropped the cheese, scaled back on the hot sauce and decided to finally eat the yolk. Now I make an egg dish every week for a quick meal.
|Ham & Sweet Potato Quittata and a glass of wine (wine optional)|
My new favorite way to cook eggs is in a slow cooker, which has been named a QUITTATA thanks to my Social Media friend Meancor Fitness. It’s not quite a quiche and not quite a frittata, but it’s not – not those things? Anyway, just toss everything into the pot and let it cook for a few hours while at the gym or running errands…or catching up on T.V. Regardless, there’s no need to hover around the oven any more.
Ham & Sweet Potato Slow Cooker Quittata
Toss some eggs in a slow cooker and go about your business. Return for a simple and delicious custardy quiche + frittata = quittata.
Write a review
- 12 eggs
- 2 c. sweet potato, diced
- 1 c. coconut milk, full fat (gives the frittata more of a custardy texture)
- 1/2 lb ham (or any meat)
- 1/2 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)
- In a large bowl (or blender) combine eggs, coconut milk, salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly
- Pour egg mixture into slow-cooker
- Spread ham and onion across the egg mixture
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 hours (for a quicker frittata remove coconut milk and cook on high for 1-1/2 hour)
- Go about your business and when you're ready come back and serve
- The coconut milk gives this a custardy texture. However, you can simply omit if you're not into that!
Nummy For My Tummy http://www.nummyformytummy.com/