A few years ago there was no way you would EVER get me to eat eggs...unless they were in a cake. After finding out I had Celiac I found my breakfast options were limited or at least that was what I thought. I was so use to eating bagels, cereal and muffins that I felt lost without my gluteny AM carb fix.
Feeling limited I decided to start with an egg white omelet, loaded with veggies, cheese and the taste hidden with hot sauce. It quickly became my favorite meal. Over time I dropped the cheese, scaled back on the hot sauce and decided to finally eat the yolk. Now I make an egg dish every week for a quick meal.
|Ham & Sweet Potato Quittata and a glass of wine (wine optional)|
- 12 eggs
- 2 c. sweet potato, diced
- 1 c. coconut milk, full fat (gives the frittata more of a custardy texture)
- 1/2 lb ham (or any meat)
- 1/2 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)
- In a large bowl (or blender) combine eggs, coconut milk, salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly
- Pour egg mixture into slow-cooker
- Spread ham and onion across the egg mixture
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 hours (for a quicker frittata remove coconut milk and cook on high for 1-1/2 hour)
- Go about your business and when you're ready come back and serve